Monday, July 12, 2010

new things...ideas

I havent been around for a while..been kinda busy ....neglectful for my poor blogs....I figured Id come back because I put so much work into these things that I owe it to my writing to at least cisit them once in a while...right?

School is keeping me busy this summer- preparing for fall quarter, and working an internship all at the same time...

I am very blessed to have great kids and a fabulous husband...

And did I mention we have already canned?
Green beans and apple butter, apple sauce, bread and butter pickles and dills....

Here is my recipe for apple butter....I have no clue where I got it- but its one of the best borrowed recipes ever! ENJOY!

Apple Butter
16 medium apples
4 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves

wash apples, remove stem and blossom end-chop into pieces and boil with 2 cups water until "smooshy"

Run through food mill 2x to remove and pulp the apples...add sugar, cinnamon and cloves...

cook slowly until thick enough to hang on spoon- fill hot jars 1/4" from top

process in water bath canner for 10 minutes...
about 5 pints

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment